Discovery Point Announces 2017 Summer Camp Open Enrollment
Discovery Point is excited to announce open enrollment for Once Upon a Summer — its 2017 summer camp experience for children ages 5-12. Once Upon a Summer will feature programs created to enhance children’s imagination with fun-filled days of stories and activities that spark creativity. Activities include cooking, book club, indoor and outdoor team building games, daily STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math), field trips, and more.
“Each year we deliver a dynamic summer program that emphasizes reading, creative arts, and team building games,” says Andrea Moore, Executive Director of Operations and Training, Discovery Point. “Through Once Upon a Summer, we hope to bring a unique spin on classic children’s literature and provide fun and memories that last a lifetime.”
The 2017 summer camp experience will explore the art of fantasy. Based on a classic children’s books, centers will take individualized approaches in implementing weekly literature-based themes. The carefully designed weekly themes are chosen to blend creative fun and new learning opportunities. This year’s themes include:
- Up, Up and Away. What would children do if Jack's beanstalk sprouted in his or her own backyard? Climb it, of course.
- Happily, Ever After. Once upon a time Cinderella was…a boy.
- Oh, What a Mystery. Solve clues with a little help from Sherlock Holmes.
- Presto, Chang-o. A little bit of magic adds up to a whole lot of fun.
- The Good Ole Summertime. Friendly games and competition with loads of lemonade.
- Imagination Station. Calling all scientists, artists and creative inventors for a week of gadgets and gizmos galore.
- Week in the Museum. Join a brother-sister duo as they run away to New York City.
- It's About Time. Ogres and castles, riddles and rhyme, it's a week of word play before we run out of time.
- Small, Small, World. Teeny tiny friends lead to oversized adventures.
- Classic Tales with a Twist. The final week of summer focuses on “the twist” including a frog who does NOT want to be kissed.
All Discovery Point centers are accepting enrollment for summer camp. Contact a local center to find out more about the registration process.