Commitment to Quality
At Discovery Point, we are committed to providing every child with the best possible care and quality educational programming. We hold ourselves to the highest standards in curriculum implementation, employment hiring, and health and safety practices.
To ensure the implementation of quality programming, Discovery Point has developed a partnership with Teaching Strategies, Inc, the publishers of nationally recognized Creative Curriculum learning program. Creative Curriculum is a proven, research based program that affords teachers the tools to implement lessons through the probing of “studies” that meet children’s varied interest areas. Through this partnership, centers are able to access the best resources to fully execute the Creative Curriculum program.
We look to hire the very best teachers who are committed to nurturing and guiding children to be their best.
We look for experience, skills and characteristics that not only meet state guidelines, but offer the care and encouragement that must be reinforced with children to build trust, and ignite a natural love of learning.
Monthly inspections, conducted by internal quality assurance experts, ensure each center’s compliance with local and state licensing. Standard health and safety policies and procedures are reviewed on an ongoing basis, and updates are made as required.
Learning & Growth
Providing the perfect environment for exploration and growth, our whole-child approach to education fosters a love of learning that will last a lifetime. We engage young minds through play and hands-on, creative activities to prepare children for success in school through the development of a strong academic foundation, plus physical, social and emotional skills.
- Low teacher-child ratios ensures personal attention and responsive care
- Teachers certified to meet state and local requirements.
- Music, dance/movement and art programs are incorporated to encourage creative expression.
- Computers to promote technology skills.
Health & Nutrition
A healthy child is a happier child, ready to participate and more able to learn and grow in social skills. Mealtime is an important time for development of social skills. Hot, nutritious meals are prepared daily. Our menus are posted so that you can be assured that all nutritional guidelines have been met.
- Health and hygiene standards are strictly enforced.
- Well equipped commercial kitchens prepare USDA, kid friendly menus
- Accommodations are made when there are specific dietary needs regarding allergies
- Equipment and toys are routinely sanitized.
- Parent communication when children are sick.
- Separate space available in our “boo boo room” to allow ill children to rest in a quiet area.
Safety & Security
Knowing that we care for every child as if they were our own, parents show trust in Discovery Point. Our owners are on-site. In addition, our visitor access policies, open facility design, and classroom equipment, reflect our commitment to give you true peace of mind.
- Our hiring policies adhere to state requirements inclusive of background checks and references.
- Open classrooms and large windows provide visibility.
- Centers use commercial buses, not vans, for transportation. All buses have seat belts for additional safety.
- We have fire sprinklers in our buildings to keep the children as safe as possible.
At Discovery Point, we believe the best way to help your children succeed — in school or in life — is to teach them to be creative, confident thinkers. From our founding in 1988, we’ve recognized the importance an effective curriculum plays in your child’s overall development. That’s why Discovery Point Child Development Center has partnered with Teaching Strategies’ to implement Creative Curriculum® System for Preschool, the nationally recognized, early childhood education program. Learn More.
Keypad-locked buildings, staffed lobbies, visitor and employee policies, buses, and more ensure your child’s complete physical security.
- A single, front-door entryway limits access and allows for visitor ID screening.
- Extensive background checks are conducted on all owners and employees.
- Monthly inspections ensure compliance with our own safety and security standards – far exceeding state requirements.
- A bus, equipped with seat belts, provides safe travel to and from public schools and on field trips.
Safe At Play
Our custom-designed facilities give children the freedom to explore while ensuring their safety and security every step of the way. Take a tour to discover more.
- Open areas allow room for creative play and constant supervision.
- Play equipment is clean, safe and age appropriate.
- Three separate playground areas ensure fun and safe outdoor play for all ages.
- Childproof electrical outlets keep children safe.
Planning for the unexpected is part of ensuring your child’s safety. From our procedures, to our classroom design, carefully selected transit vehicles, and equipment, we are prepared to handle any emergency.
- Discovery Point employees are CPR and First Aid certified. Fire drills are conducted monthly.
- All centers in Georgia and Florida have sprinkler systems and exceed state fire requirements.
Friendship & Fun
Building blocks, playing house, finger painting: every day at Discovery Point is an opportunity to explore new activities, discover interests, develop talents and make friendships that can last a lifetime.
- Books, games, toys, puzzles, crafts and activities challenge young minds.
- Group activities foster strong social skills.
- Consistent play groups surround your child with friends.
- Sharing, taking turns and empathizing with others are always encouraged.
- Meal-time in the cafeterias reinforces good manners and socialization.