Open Up a World of Languages for Your Child
Multilingual children enjoy many advantages and develop valuable skills that give them a major boost in the future. At Discovery Point, we believe in creating a fun, engaging environment for children to learn and grow. In addition to fun and play, we proudly provide exciting programs like our Chinese program, in addition to our English and Spanish programs. These programs are designed to give your child valuable language skills, among many other critical skills.
Benefits of Learning a Second Language as a Child:
- Helps develop superior reading, writing, and analytical skills
- Provides an advantage when learning other languages
- Encourages acceptance of diversity
- Increases self-esteem and confidence
- Multiplies future career prospects
Development Stages for Our Program
The key is to start early! Our Chinese program is created and implemented by a native Mandarin Chinese speaker (Mandarin is the official language of China) and is rooted in extensive pedagogical experience. The goal is to make learning enjoyable, so the program is implemented concurrently with playtime, circle time, and other opportunities that make learning fun.
Our Mandarin Chinese program is based on the following developmental stages:
- 0-12 Months – The first year’s focus is sound. Infants will listen to children’s songs in Chinese and will be introduced to very simple words. This helps to familiarize them with the sound of the Chinese language.
- 12-24 Months – During the second year, basic sounds are linked to the words they represent. Children are introduced to Chinese picture books and simple language.
- 24-36 Months – The third year helps children enrich their vocabularies and learn the most basic principles of grammar. Chinese words and greetings are incorporated into day-to-day activities.
- 3-4 Years – At this stage, children continue to increase their vocabularies. As fine motor skills develop, writing is also introduced through tracing Chinese characters. Children will also learn through games, art, stories, and songs.
- School Age – Children will continue learning both spoken and written Chinese. Teaching plans are based on age and level of fluency.
Interested in signing your child up for our Chinese program? Call (888) 979-7254 to learn more about putting your child on the fast track to valuable language skills!