About Our Woodstock Child Care Center & Preschool
I am frequently asked, “How do I find the right childcare for my children?” It is an emotional and challenging quest. As a parent, there are many excellent resources that offer lists of questions titled, “What should you ask when looking for care for your child?” I would like to offer you a few more hints or observations that may help you in making your decision.
Every Woodstock child care center has its own style, atmosphere, and personality. Think about what feels right for your family. Your family and your child care providers will become a team to provide your child security, love, care, and learning opportunities. For example, our center staff and our parents are cheerful and friendly, and there is a strong sense of community. Our parents meet other parents through their children. Friendships are developed and ideas and advice are exchanged. The children all know each other’s parents and are quick to announce the arrival of “Aiden’s mother” or “Meagan’s dad.”
Also, observe how the children in the classroom react to the person giving you a tour of the Center. That can also be an indicator of the sense of unity in the Center. Those are just a few items to add to your list. Above all remember: You are the parent—trust your instincts about the best environment for your family.
If you’d like a tour of Discovery Point Towne Lake at no obligation to you, call (770) 809-6870 today. We’re more than happy to introduce you to our staff and answer any questions you might have.
- Active On-Site Owner
- Secured Keypad Entrance
- NAEYC Low Student-to-Teacher Ratios
- All Staff CPR/First Aid Certified
- Spacious, Open Classroom Design
- Baby Sign Language Used in Infant/Toddler Classrooms
- Spanish Incorporated into Daily Preschool Curriculum
- Separate Newly-Built Outdoor Play Areas (including soft surface area for younger children)
- Child Safety Exits in Every Room
- Intercom Monitoring System
- Monthly External Quality Assurance Inspections
- Quarterly professional photography (including Santa pictures)
- Bascomb Elementary
- Boston Elementary
- National Association for the Education of Young Children NAEYC (2005-present)
- Quality Rated – Bright From the Start, Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (2013)
- Center of Distinction Award, Standards of Care Program, Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (1998-2010) (2010 marked the end of the program)
- Georgia Child Care Association GCCA