Discovery Point Blog
Discover Our Exciting Summer Camp Opportunities in Lawrenceville on Club Drive!
With summer just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how your child can make the most of this exciting season. Our summer camp in Lawrenceville on Club Drive offers plenty of opportunities for fun and adventure as well as skill development and creative expression. We’d love to make Discovery Point Club Dr. part of your child’s cherished summer memories. Read on to learn more about what we have in store for summer 2019.
Our “Mighty Me!” Summer Camp Program
This year’s summer camp program is all about helping children in Lawrenceville on Club Drive find their inner superheroes. We want children to build the confidence they need to see their unique abilities as superpowers as they learn important life lessons and form lasting friendships. This “Mighty Me!” theme is broken down into weekly “mighty missions” that take campers on exciting adventures based on weekly literature readings. Our mighty missions cover a range of engaging topics, from animal rescue and archeology to unsolved mysteries and tropical storms. We keep campers on their toes through a variety of hands-on activities, including the following:
- Creative cooking projects
- Exciting competitions
- Physical fitness challenges
- Engaging talks from inspiring speakers
- Fun field trips
- Dynamic drama scenarios
- Educational science experiments
- Puzzles and games
- Adventures in literature
- Team-building tasks
How Our Summer Camp in Lawrenceville on Club Drive Inspires Children
Our weekly mighty missions take on important themes to help children grow as individuals and reflect upon the values and skills of real-life superheroes. Here are just a few of the literature-inspired themes we’ll cover over ten weeks:
- Sportsmanship. Our activities show campers how teamwork can help them become champions.
- Friendship. Campers build relationships and socialize while learning about the significance of kindness and respect.
- Self-reliance. We give children the tools that they need to be resourceful and adventurous.
- Health & fitness. Our physical activities help children understand that their bodies are amazing machines.
- Self-esteem. We highlight campers’ strengths and assist them as they find their inner confidence.
- Imagination. Children learn how they can use their imaginations to build exciting things in real life.
- Critical thinking. We give children plenty of opportunities to use their noggin and sharpen their problem-solving skills while having a blast.