State-Funded Pre-Kindergarten Program in Lawrenceville – Club Drive
Do you feel that your child is ready to begin preparing for the adventure of going to school? At Discovery Point Club Dr., we offer a state-funded pre-kindergarten program for children in the Club Drive area of Lawrenceville who are between the ages of four and five years old. Through this Pre-K program, your child can establish a connection with the power of learning, preparing them to thrive in an academic environment. With our fun and exciting approach to education, young learners can have a blast while developing important skills to last a lifetime.
What to Expect from Our Pre-Kindergarten Program
Rather than concentrating on one or two areas of academic development, we prioritize a range of areas of learning and growth to promote success in both school and life. At Discovery Point Club Dr., we realize the importance of taking a comprehensive approach to learning that enables children to integrate their minds and bodies to produce positive results. With a nurturing, learning-focused environment that supports them in their growth, young learners can begin to spread their wings.
As part of our pre-kindergarten program, you can look forward to the following:
- Thematic units that allow for project-based learning
- Use of self-help skills that encourage child safety and independence
- Language development through fun exercises involving music and puppets
- Development of literacy skills with the help of exciting storytelling activities
- A focus on social development through group work
- Activities that build self-esteem and confidence
- Nurturing support with the process of emotional development
- Plenty of physical movement and the development of fine motor skills
- Cognitive development with a focus on math, science, health, and nutrition
- Use of problem solving and critical thinking sills
- Low student-teacher ratios for consistent access to child-focused care
Objectives of Our Pre-Kindergarten Program
The main objective of the Pre-K curriculum used in this program is to prepare young learners for school, aiding the transition from preschool to kindergarten so children can confidently grow. With teachers whose training in Early Childhood Education informs their understanding of developmental changes, your child will benefit from personal instruction and attention. In addition, we stress the importance of achieving a balance between experienced guidance and student-driven learning.
If you want to learn more about our state-funded pre-kindergarten program, give us a call today at (770) 279-8400 and schedule a free tour at our Pre-K classrooms in Lawrenceville on Club Dr!