Preschool in Conyers
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Conyers, we understand that we have the opportunity to make an impact on children’s learning abilities through our preschool curriculum. That’s why we work with a specialized curriculum that inspires young learners between the ages of two and four to become creative, independent thinkers and lifelong lovers of learning. In addition, our curriculum is based on scientific research and child development theory. We’re proud to have the resources needed to be able to guide children as they learn more about the world around them while also providing them with plenty of opportunities to take the initiative in their own education.
The following are just a few of the important elements that our preschool curriculum highlights:
- Language. We make early language development a priority and encourage students to embrace language through music, play with puppets, and engaging conversation topics.
- Literacy. Our selections of children’s literature, storytelling activities, and writing exercises promote literacy skills and help children discover the magic of the written word.
- Physical activity. Physical activity is crucial for young children, which is why we’ve made movement a significant part of our curriculum.
- Emotional maturity. Our educational child care center provides students with a nurturing environment that is ideal for developing self-esteem, confidence, and emotional maturity.
- Socialization. We promote social skills by giving children the opportunity to work together in small groups and as a whole class.
- Cognitive development. Our curriculum emphasizes the importance of problem solving and critical thinking skills and also makes use of foundational topics in academic areas like math and science.
About Our Conyers Preschool Rooms
Our child care facility in Conyers provides young learners with an age-appropriate play area. Only preschoolers and pre-K students have access to this playground, making peer-to-peer play safer and more comfortable for our younger students. Our facility also contains specialized classrooms designated as “interest areas” that allow children to interact with a variety of exciting subjects and learn in a hands-on manner.
Preschool Student Portfolios
We ensure that our teachers have the resources needed to give children individualized attention and observe them diligently on a daily basis. These observations are compiled into student portfolios, which are reviewed periodically to assess the need for adapted curriculum or the introduction of new learning techniques.