Discovery Point Blog
Discover Our Exciting Summer Camp Opportunities in Dallas GA
At Discovery Point East Paulding, we’re excited to provide plenty of opportunities for children in Dallas GA to embrace summertime fun. Our summer camp offers hands-on activities, exciting excursions, and adventurers in literature that ensure children have a blast while learning more about the world around them and developing their skill base. Read below to learn more about our unique summer camp program in Dallas GA.
Our “Mighty Me!” Summer Camp Program
With “Mighty Me!” we’ve designed a summer camp program in Dallas GA that encourages children to find the superhero within. Campers will have the opportunity to hone in on their own unique talents while building new skills and discovering new interests. Our program has a solid foundation in children’s literature, providing ten weekly literature readings that form the basis of our themed “mighty missions.” With every mission, campers will participate in engaging activities that tie the themes they’re learning in literature to real-life experiences.
Here are just a few of the fun activities we have in store this summer:
- Competitions and challenges
- Unsolved mysteries
- Hands-on cooking projects
- Informative science experiments
- Talks from talented speakers
- Educational field trips
- Dynamic drama scenarios
- Physical fitness activities
- Team-building games
- Challenging puzzles
Inspiring Our Campers in Dallas GA
As campers embark on each week’s mighty mission, they’ll also learn important life lessons that they can take back to the classroom. The following are just a few of the topics our summer camp program in Dallas GA touches on to remind campers that being a true hero means being the best version of themselves:
- Sportsmanship. Our competitions and challenges show campers how being team players can help them become champions.
- Self-esteem. We encourage campers to shine a light on their unique abilities as they develop new talents and interests.
- Creativity. Our activities promote the use of imagination in creating exciting projects.
- Health & physical fitness. Campers are given the context to understand the amazing machinery of the human body.
- Friendship. We promote relationship building so that children can leave camp with friendships that are made to last.
- Self-reliance. Our adventures inspire children to be resourceful and learn the importance of self-reliance.
- Critical thinking. Campers are given the opportunity to use their problem-solving skills in fun and creative ways.