Preschool in Wake Forest
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
Specially designed for young learners between two and four years old, our preschool curriculum encourages children to develop a lifelong love of learning. At Discovery Point Heritage, we provide a nurturing environment for children in Wake Forest that promotes independent thinking and offers plenty of opportunities for adventures in learning. Not only is our program filled with intentional activities that help students build crucial skills, but it’s also based on scientific studies of child development. We’re proud to offer both guidance in the education process and a chance for children to take the initiative in their own education by following their curious nature.
Take a look at just a few of the important skills our program focuses on:
- Cognitive skills. From problem solving and critical thinking to foundational ideas in science, health, math, and nutrition, our curriculum encourages cognitive development each and every day.
- Physical skills. In addition to activities that build fine motor skills, we also schedule many opportunities for outdoor play and movement.
- Emotional skills. Children have the chance to gain confidence and self-esteem as they grow into their individuality in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Social skills. Our group activities enable children to bond and build social skills that will last them a lifetime.
- Language development. We utilize puppets and dramatic play, as well as music, to bring language learning to life.
- Literacy development. Our selections of children’s literature and storytelling opportunities make the written word fun and exciting.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Wake Forest
At our child care center in Wake Forest, young learners are given access to their very own play area, which is age-appropriate and open only for pre-K and preschool students. This allows for safe play and plenty of visibility. In addition, we have classrooms that are designed to spark children’s many interests. Called “interest areas,” these classrooms contain carefully collated materials that inspire hands-on learning in subjects like science, technology, and art.
Preschool Student Portfolios
We make sure that our teachers have the resources needed to offer individualized learning techniques and adapted approaches to the curriculum to meet each child’s unique needs. We also create student portfolios for each child, tracking their progression over time so that we can observe and analyze their growth and introduce changes as needed.
Call Discovery Point Heritage today at (919) 229-4127 to learn more about our preschool opportunities or to schedule a free tour of our daycare center in Wake Forest.