Discovery Point Blog
Preschool in Harrison: What You Can Expect from Our Curriculum
At Discovery Point Hunter Road, we know how important it is for your little one to get quality child care. We go above and beyond, following a research-based curriculum at our preschool in Harrison that encourages well-rounded development for your little one.
About Our Curriculum-Based Preschool Near Harrison
Our preschool curriculum offers a whole-child approach to our program. This means it encourages development in all areas, including social, intellectual, physical, and emotional growth. By teaching new skills and concepts through hands-on and creative methods, we make learning fun and engaging for our students.
Here are some things you can expect through our curriculum:
- Emotional development. We incorporate activities that build self-esteem and confidence.
- Literacy and language development. Our teachers lead students through music, reading, dramatic play, and writing activities to encourage these skills.
- Physical movement. We have three age-separate outdoor play areas for movement and exercise.
- Cognitive development. Our well-rounded curriculum includes science, math, and art lessons, along with critical thinking exercises.
- Social development. Interacting with peers and working together on projects helps our students learn age-appropriate social skills.
For children between the ages of 2 and 4, our preschool program provides necessary care and education. Our teachers are passionate about teaching young children and preparing them for the rest of their educational career.
We understand you want to be involved in your child’s schooling. That’s why we keep track of each student’s growth, development, and achievements in their portfolio. As a parent, you’ll always be able to see their progress throughout the year.
Get Started with Discovery Point Hunter Road
Discovery Point Hunter Road is locally owned and operated, making us a trusted local choice for child care. We’re dedicated to serving our community with the best possible programs. If you’re located in Harrison, Ooltewah, or a surrounding area, turn to us for your child care needs. We’ll provide them with top-notch care that’s supported by age-appropriate curriculum so your child can learn, grow, and play.
To learn more about us and our programs, visit us and take a free, no-obligation tour of our facility. When you do, you’ll be able to see our child-friendly classrooms and play areas, as well as see our programs in action. Tours can be scheduled by calling us or stopping by our child care center, and we’d love to meet you!
Call us today at (423) 344-4422 for more information about our preschool in the Harrison area.