Preschool in Lutz
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Lutz, we’re proud to give young learners the opportunity to grow and develop in a supportive environment. Our specialized curriculum for preschool students focuses on keeping children between the ages of two and four intellectually stimulated and engaged with the learning process. This curriculum, which is backed by solid scientific research, promotes independent thinking and creative expression and encourages students to have fun while they use their critical thinking skills.
Parents throughout the Lutz area appreciate our preschool curriculum at Discovery Point Lutz for the following reasons:
- We make a point of incorporating physical activity. We encourage outdoor play and help students hone in on their fine motor skills.
- Our activities promote social development. Children work in groups and as a whole class to develop social skills and engage in peer-to-peer interactions.
- We prioritize emotional development. We focus on supporting students as they gain confidence in themselves and build self-esteem.
- We encourage early language development. Our fun use of puppets, literature, and music help children develop language skills early on.
- We promote literacy. We make reading exciting through engaging storytelling and creative writing exercises.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Lutz
Safety and security are top priority at our child care center in Lutz, which is why we’ve created a special play area that focuses on the needs of preschool and pre-K students. This area offers plenty of visibility as well as age-appropriate play materials and space where children can explore and discover on their own and with their peers. Our facility also offers classrooms designated into “interest areas,” which focus on subjects like math, technology, science, and art and offer a number of opportunities for hands-on learning to spark children’s interest and keep them engaged.
Preschool Student Portfolios
At Discovery Point Lutz, we document the progress and achievements of each child in individual student portfolios. Using this data, we analyze and evaluate the development of our students to assess the need for adapted learning techniques or adjustments to the curriculum. After all, we recognize that all our students are unique and many benefit from an individualized approach to learning. In addition, our teachers act as vigilant observers of our students’ progress on a daily basis and have the tools and resources needed to provide them with support and one-on-one attention.