Preschool in Cumming
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Post Road, our focus is on helping children become independent and creative thinkers. That’s why we utilize a specialized curriculum for our preschool program in Cumming that encourages students to fall in love with learning. We’ve created an environment that allows children to thrive by giving them support and guidance as they begin to make their own decisions and take the initiative in the learning process.
The following are just a few of the things that parents in Cumming can expect their child to experience as part of our program:
- Cognitive development. We stress the importance of critical thinking and problem solving as we introduce students to exciting topics in math, science, and health.
- Language development. Our language learning exercises utilize fun and engaging tools like music and puppets to promote early language development.
- Physical development. Children are encouraged to move to music and participate in outdoor play, helping them hone in on their fine motor skills.
- Literacy development. Students experience the magic of the written word through storytelling exercises and adventures into the world of children’s literature.
- Social development. Our activities include group work and projects completed as a whole class to give students the opportunity to interact with their peers.
- Emotional development. Children build self-esteem and gain confidence in their skills while benefiting from the support of our nurturing staff.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Cumming
We provide our young students with access to their very own playground, which is only accessible to pre-K and preschoolers. In addition to this safe, age-appropriate play area, we also have a variety of “interest areas” available to spark students’ curiosity as they engage with a range of materials that encourage learning through play and hands-on exploration.
Preschool Student Portfolios
Our program is designed to instill confidence in children and ensure that they have a solid foundation for learning. That’s why we observe students on a daily basis to evaluate their progress and provide them with individualized learning techniques whenever needed. In addition, we maintain a student portfolio for each child, tracking his or her development and personal accomplishments over time.
We invite you to learn more about our unique preschool program in Cumming. Just give Discovery Point Post Road a call at (770) 844-7977 to arrange a free, no-obligation tour of our educational child care center.