Preschool in Duluth
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Satellite, we’re proud to introduce creative preschool curriculum for young learners between the ages of two and four years old at our child care center in Duluth. Our curriculum is based on scientific research and child development theory and includes intentional activities and lesson plans that encourage students to think critically while allowing plenty of time and space for creative expression. Our program offers guidance as children begin making their own decisions and supports them in their development as unique individuals, helping them take the initiative in the learning process.
Parents throughout the Duluth area appreciate our specialized preschool curriculum for the following reasons:
- We promote language development using engaging tools like music, puppets, and active conversation.
- We encourage literacy through storytelling exercises, writing activities, and exciting works of children’s literature.
- We give children plenty of opportunities to work on their social skills during group exercises and peer-to-peer play.
- We support students as they grow emotionally, providing them with tools that help them develop confidence and self-esteem.
- Our curriculum encourages cognitive development, the use of critical thinking skills, and exposure to important subjects like science, math, health, and nutrition.
- We highlight the importance of physical activity, incorporating outdoor play, and fine motor skills into our lesson plans.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Duluth
Preschoolers benefit from access to their own playground, which allows them to explore and play in a safe and secure environment under the watchful eyes of our staff members. In addition to this play area, our facility in Duluth also has specially designated “interest areas,” classrooms that are separated according to topics in art, math, science, and technology and full of opportunities for hands-on learning experiences.
Preschool Student Portfolios in Duluth
Our curriculum has been designed to foster confidence in students as they grow and develop and provides a solid foundation for a lifelong love of learning. We observe students vigilantly to assess their progress, and our teachers are prepared to introduce individualized learning techniques and adapted activities whenever these approaches could be beneficial to students. We also maintain student portfolios for each child, tracking their accomplishments and documenting their growth over time.
Learn more about our inspiring preschool curriculum today. Call Discovery Point Satellite at (770) 418-1901 for details about scheduling a free tour of our child care facility in the Duluth area.