Discovery Point Blog
Discover Our Exciting Summer Camp Opportunities in Newnan GA!
At Discovery Point Sharpsburg, we’re ready to help your child in Newnan GA take full advantage of all summer has to offer. Our summer camp provides plenty of opportunities for children to explore new ideas, making lasting friendships, and create cherished memories. We’ve designed our program to ensure that campers have a blast while developing important skills, learning life lessons, and building confidence through our hands-on activities and fun field trips. Read on for details about what we have in store for campers this summer.
Our “Mighty Me!” Summer Camp Program in Newnan GA
This year’s summer camp program in Newnan GA is all about helping children uncover the superhero within. Children will hone in on their natural talents and unique abilities while exploring new avenues of interest and embarking on new experiences. This program is based around ten weekly literature readings that provide the themes for our “mighty missions.” With every mission, your child will participate in exciting activities and excursions that help them learn more about themselves as they discover the world around them.
The following are just a few of the activities we have planned for our “Mighty Me!” program:
- Creative cooking challenges
- Hands-on science experiments
- Arts and crafts projects
- Fun and friendly competitions
- Unsolved mysteries
- Skill-building puzzles and games
- Physical fitness challenges
- Engaging talks from guest speakers
- Adventure-fueled field trips
- Dynamic drama scenarios
Inspiring Children at Our Summer Camps in Newnan GA
Our aim is that every camper will finish the summer having a better understanding of how they can get in touch with their inner superhero. In addition to discovering their own superpowers, they’ll also learn the importance of the following:
- Sportsmanship. Our games and activities promote team-building skills and fair play.
- Critical thinking. We encourage children to put on their thinking caps as they develop their problem-solving skills.
- Friendship. We remind campers that kindness and respect are crucial components of lasting relationships.
- Self-reliance. Campers will get resourceful as part of our exciting adventures.
- Creativity. We allow children to see how they can use their imagination to build amazing things in real life.
- Self-esteem. Children will build their confidence as they develop their skill base.
- Health & physical fitness. We highlight the importance of health and fitness while giving campers the chance to challenge themselves.