State-Funded Pre-Kindergarten Program in Newnan GA
Are you hoping to help your child make a successful transition from preschool to kindergarten? At Discovery Point Sharpsburg, our state-funded pre-kindergarten program provides young learners in Newnan GA with the opportunity to thrive as they begin to engage with the educational process. Designed for children between the ages of four and five years old, this program can give your child the support that he or she needs to develop into a confident school child.
What to Expect From Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Newnan GA
Our state-funded pre-kindergarten program in Newnan GA takes multiple areas of growth and development into account to provide children with a comprehensive approach to learning. After all, we want our students to succeed in every aspect of their lives and future pursuits, not just those related to school. By integrating fun with skill building and academics, we’re able to foster an environment where children can follow their natural curiosity to make self-initiated discoveries that inspire a love of learning.
The following are just a few of the things that parents of Pre-K students can look forward to:
- Curriculum based on thematic units and exciting projects
- A focus on safety and independence through the building of self-help skills
- Activities to encourage language development and literacy skills
- Creative use of music, puppets, dramatic play, and storytelling
- Group work and peer-to-peer play to promote social development and interaction
- Care and support as students experience the stages of emotional development
- Use of physical skills throughout the day as part of outdoor play and fine motor exercises
- Cognitive development that focuses on a variety of academic subjects
- Help with developing problem solving and critical thinking skills
Objectives of Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Newnan GA
With the main goal of readying young learners for the school environment, our team at Discovery Point Sharpsburg makes a point of providing students with the tools that they’ll need to thrive at school. We maintain a strong emphasis on literacy and math skills balanced with opportunities for social and emotional development. The result is that children are equipped to grow into confident school children who are ready to embark on a trajectory for academic success.
Trained in Early Childhood Education, our Pre-K teachers guide children as they pick up important skills and begin to grasp new academic ideas. By maintaining low student-teacher ratios, we’re able to give students the personalized instruction and attention they deserve.
Give Discovery Point Sharpsburg a call today at (770) 254-1880 to learn more about our state-funded pre-kindergarten program and get started with a free tour of our Pre-K classrooms in Newnan GA.