Preschool in Newnan GA
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
The aim of our preschool curriculum is to keep young learners in Newnan GA inspired and engaged with the world around them. At Discovery Point Sharpsburg, we’ve made a point of working with a carefully crafted curriculum that’s been specifically designed for children between the ages of two and four years old. This curriculum includes interactive lesson plans and intentional activities that teach students how to become independent thinkers while encouraging them to make every day an adventure in learning.
Take a look at just a few of the reasons why parents of young children in Newnan GA appreciate our preschool curriculum at Discovery Point Sharpsburg:
- It builds confidence and self-esteem. We make sure to offer a supportive environment where children can grow emotionally and develop as individuals.
- It promotes social skills. Socialization is a key part of our curriculum, which is why we incorporate opportunities for group work and peer-to-peer play.
- It encourages physical activity. Physical movement, including a focus on fine motor skill, helps children stay active during the learning process.
- It creates critical thinkers. Our curriculum has a solid foundation in child development theory and prioritizes cognitive development.
- It focuses on language development and literacy. We use a range of fun and exciting activities focused on language and literacy, including puppets, storytelling, books, and music, to help children embrace the magic of reading and writing.
About Our Preschool Rooms
Our child care center in Newnan GA includes a separate play area designated for preschoolers and pre-K students, offering plenty of visibility and a safe space for imaginative play. We also offer classrooms separated into “interest areas” that encourage children to engage in hands-on learning as they discover new interests in fields such as art, math, science, and technology. Our facility even contains space for each child to store any personal items that they bring from home, such as a small blanket or spare change of clothes.
Preschool Student Portfolios
At Discovery Point Sharpsburg, we keep a vigilant eye on our students and evaluate their progress in Newnan GA as needed. Our teachers are fully equipped with the proper resources to offer adapted techniques that match children’s unique approaches to learning. In addition, we document each child’s growth and development utilizing individualized student portfolios that assist in the analysis and evaluation of their personal progress.