Preschool in Newnan
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Summergrove, our preschool curriculum has been specifically developed for children between the ages of two and four. When your child attends our preschool in Newnan, he or she will benefit from nurturing care in a fun environment that encourages the integration of play with learning.
Our program is both intentional and grounded in child development theory, providing young learners with guidance and support as they begin to make their own decisions and develop as unique individuals.
Parents can expect the following from our carefully crafted curriculum at Discovery Point Summergrove:
- Opportunities for language development with engaging conversation, music, dramatic play, and puppets.
- Encouragement of literacy development utilizing children’s literature, storytelling experiences, and writing activities.
- Emotional development and the confidence and self-esteem that come with learning new skills.
- Social development thanks to plenty of opportunities for peer-to-peer interaction and group work.
- Cognitive development in a supportive environment that promotes the use of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Physical activity through lesson plans that incorporate movement and help children work on their fine motor skills.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Newnan
Since safety and visibility is a big issue for young learners, our facility in Newnan provides pre-K and preschool students with their very own playground. In addition, we’ve designed our classrooms as “interest areas” to encourage children to explore new subjects and learn through play, which we have found to be the best approach for young learners. These interest areas offer opportunities for exposure to topics such as art, math, technology, and science. Each child is also given their own space for personal supplies brought from home, such as a spare change of clothes and naptime blanket.
When you choose Discovery Point Summergrove as your child’s preschool, you can be confident they will find a warm, engaging, and education focused environment. Whether working together on a project, craft, or activity, or learning through independent work, your child will be developing skills and knowledge critical to their future in grade school and beyond.
Together, we can help your child build a solid foundation upon which to grow in kindergarten. We hope to instill a love of learning and a joy for experiencing new things and meeting new people in our preschool classrooms.
Learn more about our preschool curriculum today by calling Discovery Point Summergrove at (770) 252-2166 to schedule a free tour of our child care center in Newnan.