Preschool in Land-O-Lakes
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Terra Bella, our preschool program supports children in Land-O-Lakes as they grow into unique individuals and follow their natural curiosity. In order to help our students become independent thinkers, we utilize a science-backed curriculum full of intentional activities and lessons that encourage students to take the initiative in their own education. We provide young learners with a nurturing environment where they can engage with new ideas as they gain confidence and begin to make their own decisions.
Take a look at just a few of the important elements in our curriculum for preschoolers in Land-O-Lakes:
- A focus on language development and literacy. We make language learning fun and expose children to the magic of the written word through exciting adventures in children’s literature, storytelling activities, and exercises with music.
- Assistance with emotional development. Children are given the support that they need to build self-esteem and emotional maturity.
- Opportunities for physical development. Our curriculum doesn’t downplay the importance of physical activity. Instead, we incorporate physical movement and outdoor play into our lessons.
- An emphasis on social development. Students work together as a class and in small groups, allowing them to sharpen their social skills and make new friends in the process.
- Support with cognitive development. Problem solving and critical thinking skills are a key part of our curriculum, which also introduces children to foundational ideas from subjects like math and science.
About Our Land-O-Lakes Preschool Rooms
Our students’ safety and security is our main priority, which is why we’ve developed a child care facility with age-separate play areas. Preschoolers and pre-K students are given access to their very own playground where they can safely and confidently explore and engage in peer-to-peer play. Plus, our classrooms are divided into categorized “interest areas” and filled with materials that promote hands-on learning and interaction with new concepts.
Preschool Student Portfolios
In order to ensure that every child is making progress on their educational journey, our teachers observe students on a daily basis to assess their development and evaluate the need for individualized learning techniques or adapted curriculum. In addition, we keep student portfolios for every child to track their personal accomplishments and growth.