Discovery Point Blog
Finding Infant Care in New Port Richey and Preparing for Going Back to Work
As you prepare to go back to work from maternity leave, you want to find exceptional care for your little one. Our infant care in New Port Richey combines comprehensive care with a unique educational approach. At Discovery Point Trinity, we are committed to supporting local parents as they pursue their careers.
Our infant care program focuses on the necessary care and development for children between the ages of 6 weeks and 12 months old. Even at these young ages, children can learn new skills and practice movements. Our teachers are eager to help your child reach new milestones each day.
Here are some key aspects of the program:
- Teachers trained in early childhood education
- Cribs and highchairs in the classroom
- Age-appropriate toys and materials
- Open classroom layouts
- Focus on literacy and language development
- Daily reports on feedings and diaper changes
- Interaction with peers
3 Tips for Going Back to Work
The transition from maternity leave to work can be difficult for all moms. Along with having quality child care in place, you want to make this transition as stress-free as possible. Here are three tips for going back to work:
- Ask for flexibility. Rather than starting back on a full-time schedule, ask your boss if you can work on an altered schedule. Easing into work can make returning to work more manageable.
- Create a routine. Infants thrive on routine. Having a morning routine in place for workdays will help them know what to expect. It’ll also provide some peace of mind for you because you know what is to come.
- Prepare for pumping. Pumping at work takes coordination and time. Talk with your boss about creating a schedule and space for pumping.
Get Started with Infant Care at Discovery Point Trinity
At Discovery Point Trinity, we have created a child care community that local families love. With strong communication between our team and parents, we effectively meet the needs of our students. Our infant program will feel like an extension of the care and growth your child receives at home. If you are located in New Port Richey, Trinity, Port Richey, or throughout the surrounding area, consider our care for your child.
Families who are new to our programs will benefit from a tour of our center. Your complimentary tour will include a look inside our infant classrooms, as well as an opportunity to ask any questions you have. Tours can be scheduled by giving us a call or stopping by our location.