VPK starts August 10.
Sign up today!
VPK Program in Bradenton: Prepare Your Children for School
Discovery Point Twelve Oaks provides educational child care in a fun and nurturing environment. Our VPK (voluntary pre-kindergarten) program helps 4 and 5 year olds throughout Bradenton prepare for the transition from preschool to kindergarten.
VPK is a free program designed to prepare four-year-old children for kindergarten and build the foundation for their educational success. VPK is available to all four-year-olds born on or before September 1st that reside in Florida, regardless of family income.
School Year Program
· 540 instructional hours
· Class sizes not to exceed 20 students
· Instructors must have a Birth through Five Florida Child Care Professional Credential and complete special training on early literacy performance standards.
The active and joyful program we have created stands out from other child care facilities in the area. Our curriculum is designed to spark curiosity in children so they will develop a love of learning. Children in our care think of our center as a second home.
Our VPK program is taught by teachers who are trained in early childhood education. We provide individualized instruction that caters to the current developmental stage of your child. Our program provides children with a variety of physical activity, cognitive learning, and social or emotional skills, so they can be successful in school.
When caring for children, we strive to:
- Provide an environment where children enjoy learning
- Use educational and active play to create the desire to learn
- Be a place your children will look forward to coming to
- Engage children so their individual learning needs are met
Our VPK Objectives
The VPK program from Discovery Point Twelve Oaks helps children in Bradenton grow in ways which will not only help them in school, but in life. We take a whole child approach to learning which teaches children academic skills, as well as important social and personal skills.
Our care can help your child grow in the following ways:
- Create cognitive growth with problem solving, math, and science
- Increase language skills with dramatic play, conversation, and music
- Teach self-help skills so children learn personal safety and independence
- Provide physical activity and outdoor play to encourage fine motor skills
- Help with social development through small group and whole class projects
- We use creative storytelling, writing, and books to help develop literacy
TO REGISTER FOR VPK IN MANATEE COUNTY:
The parent or guardian with whom the child lives must REGISTER ONLINE at https://familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com/ in order to receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The following documents are required to prove a child’s age and residency:
Proof of Child’s Age: (One of the following)
· An original or certified copy of the child’s birth record filed according to law with the appropriate public officer
· A passport or certificate of the child’s arrival in the United States
· An immunization record a public health officer or licensed practicing physician signed.
· A valid military-dependent identification card.
Proof of Child’s Residency: (One of the following) P.O. BOXES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
· Utility bill (electric, gas, water), cable, or home phone bill
· Residential rental agreement or receipt from rental payment
· Government-issued document (e.g., Florida driver’s license, Florida identification card, property tax assessment showing a homestead exemption)
Schedule a Tour Today
If you are looking for a VPK program in Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, and the surrounding areas, come and tour Discovery Point Twelve Oaks. Our director will be happy to speak with you and show you around our center. When touring our bright and open classrooms and viewing our age-appropriate playgrounds, you will see why children enjoy coming to our daycare center.
To learn more about our voluntary VPK program in Bradenton, call Discovery Point Twelve Oaks today.