Discovery Point Blog
How Our Creative Curriculum Helps Your Child Prepare for School in Snellville
For many parents, ensuring their child is ready to go to school is often times of the utmost importance. This means having a child care center that recognizes the positive impacts that effective and creative curriculums can have on the development of children. At Discovery Point of Zoar Rd., we focus on providing children with a way to become creative and confident thinkers, giving them a way to excel in their academic and social lives.
Our team partners with Teaching Strategies to implement what we call the Creative Curriculum® System for students preparing for school. This is an early childhood development program designed to help preschoolers have hands-on discovery and exploration, creating a strong critical thinking foundation and promoting a natural love for learning.
Creative Curriculum® is based on five fundamental components:
- We gain a knowledge of the children’s development and learning, along with each child’s unique characteristics.
- We create a responsive learning environment that is flexible to the daily and weekly schedule.
- We understand the child’s current curriculum regarding language, math, science, arts, and more.
- We combine teaching strategies focused on building relationships, improving education, guiding behavior, and tracking progress.
- We build meaningful partnerships with the families of the children, increasing the support of the learning and development.
By providing this specific curriculum, we are able to foster confidence in children, helping them establish a strong foundation for learning and a love for academics. This prepares them for the next level of school and outlines the path to success.
We encourage you to learn more about our Snellville child care center and what we can do to help your child get ready for the next level in their academic lives. Discovery Point of Zoar Rd. is dedicated to your children and putting them on the best possible path to prepare for school.
Call us today to discuss your child’s needs.