Discovery Point Blog
Summer Activities Your Child Can Learn From
Summertime is an exciting time for the whole family. The warmer temperatures mean there are so many more chances to have fun outside. There are so many activities you can do with your children in the summer to help them learn and grow. It’s important to continue learning over summer break. Below are some idea for fun things to do with kids that can keep them learning.
Activities for Learning and for Fun
No matter their ages, it is important to incorporate learning into play whenever you can. It is difficult with busy schedules to always incorporate learning into play. Here at Discovery Point of Zoar Road, we have some ideas about summer learning.
- Any play that encourages using their imaginations is incredibly important.
- Time spent socializing with friends over the summer months makes memories that can last a lifetime.
- Physical fitness in any capacity is always important.
- Kids should continue learning. Both school subjects and life skills can be taught in the summer months.
- Friendly team sports and competition can be another fun thing to do with kids.
- Take every chance you get when playing to learn about the world around them.
Discovery Point of Zoar Road’s Summer Camp
At Discovery Point of Zoar Road, there is a Summer Camp program to help your child get the most out of their time this summer. Below are only a few of the fun summertime activities planned.
- Cooking activities
- Field trips
- Fun physical fitness competitions
- Weekly themes
- Educational guest speakers
Our Summer Camp has a new theme every week. These include a week of climbing Jack’s beanstalk, other weeks will be spent solving mysteries with Sherlock Holmes, and one spent at the museum too.
There are even fun activities that incorporate math, science, technology, art, and more. Make an appointment with us today to learn more about the fun summer activities your child can learn from here at Discovery Point of Zoar Road.
Call us today to get started and learn about our programs.