Preschool in Valrico
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
Developed for young learners between the ages of two and four, our preschool curriculum offers both guidance and the chance for children to take the initiative in their own education. Our program in Valrico includes a variety of intentional activities that are based on scientific research and studies in child development. At Discovery Point Kings Mill, we make every day feel like an adventure in learning so that children can follow their natural curiosity and become creative, independent thinkers.
Parents in Valrico can expect the following from our preschool program:
- Language development. We’ve incorporated music, puppets, and drama into our curriculum to encourage early language development.
- Literacy development. Our storytelling exercises and writing activities inspire children to embrace the magic of the written word.
- Social development. We offer plenty of opportunities for children to work together in small groups and as a whole class so that they can sharpen their social skills and form friendships.
- Emotional development. Children are provided with a nurturing environment that supports them in building self-esteem and gaining confidence in themselves.
- Physical development. Our activities focus on the use of fine motor skills and encourage outdoor play.
- Cognitive development. Students are introduced to exciting topics in math, science, and health and actively work to develop their problem solving and critical thinking skills.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Valrico
We’ve designed our daycare center at Discovery Point Kings Mill to accommodate all of the specific needs of young learners. This includes an age-separate play area for preschool and pre-K students, allowing them to participate in peer-to-peer play safely and comfortably. Our classrooms are an effective learning environment where hands-on activities are the focus thanks to carefully categorized “interest areas” that highlight a variety of subjects like art, science, technology, and math.
Preschool Student Portfolios
Our teachers have the resources needed to observe students’ progress and assess their development. This ensures that we can introduce adapted curriculum and individualized learning techniques whenever necessary. We maintain student portfolios for each child that document their growth and accomplishments and assist us in tracking their learning so that we can support them as they continue to thrive.
We invite you to learn more about what our preschool program offers for children in Valrico. Call Discovery Point Kings Mill at (813) 661-3517 today to get started with a free tour of our child care center.