Discovery Point Blog
Finding Infant Care in Covington and Preparing for Going Back to Work
Returning to work after maternity leave can be a stressful and emotional transition. With our infant care in Covington, you can have peace of mind with your child’s care arrangements. Our team is committed to providing exceptional care for children of all ages in our community.
At Discovery Point Covington East, we offer comprehensive care for children between the ages of 6 weeks and 12 months in our infant program. Our teachers effectively combine individualized care with an educational focus, so your little one can learn, play, and grow each day.
Here are some key elements of our infant program:
- Daily reports on diaper changes, feedings, development, and naps
- Storage space for each child’s belongings
- Cribs and highchairs in classrooms
- Focus on literacy and language development
- Small class sizes
- Age-appropriate toys and materials
- Interaction with peers
3 Tips for Going Back to Work
While the transition back to work can be stressful, there are a few things you can do to make it easier. The first is having quality childcare in place that you feel good about. Additionally, it’s helpful to:
- Prepare to pump at work. Pumping during the day is essential for breastfeeding mothers. Talk to your boss ahead of time about creating a space and schedule for pumping for when you return to work.
- Create a morning routine. Your workdays will go much more smoothly with a routine in place. Infants also thrive on routine, and your little one will know what to expect.
- Stay present. It can be challenging, but after you leave work, try to stay present. Soak up the time you have with your new baby and family.
Get Started with Infant Care at Discovery Point Covington East
We are here to support you as you return to work. Our infant care is reliable, flexible, and comprehensive, which will bring you peace of mind. Our programs are available for families in Covington, Porterdale, Newton Ridge, and throughout the surrounding area.
Scheduling a complimentary tour of our center is a great way to get started with us. When you take the tour, you will be able to see inside our infant classrooms and outdoor play areas. It’s also the perfect time to ask any questions you may have before enrolling.
Call us today at (770) 787-9199 to schedule your tour or learn more about our infant care in Covington.