Preschool in Covington
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Covington East, we utilize a specialized preschool curriculum that inspires children in Covington to take the initiative in the learning process. This curriculum has been specifically designed for young learners between the ages of two and four and offers a number of intentional activities and exercises that support them in building crucial skills and following their natural curiosity. Based on solid scientific research in the field of child development, this curriculum assists us in guiding children as they begin to make their own choices and become creative, independent thinkers with a love for learning.
Take a look at just a few of the elements you can expect from our preschool program in Covington:
- An emphasis on language and learning. We make language learning fun with storytelling exercises, writing activities, music, and puppets.
- Opportunities for social development. Our group projects give children the chance to work on their social skills and learn the importance of teamwork and fair play.
- Support with emotional development. We maintain a nurturing environment where young learners can build self-esteem and gain confidence in their unique individuality.
- Prioritization of physical movement. Children can hone in on their fine motor skills and participate in outdoor play throughout the day.
- Assistance with cognitive development. We’ve made problem solving and critical thinking a key part of our curriculum and introduce students to new concepts in math, science, and health.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Covington
Our educational child care center was designed with children’s safety and security in mind. We offer age-separate play areas where young learners can feel safe as they explore the world around them and engage with their peers in play. In addition, we’ve developed classrooms that inspire a love of learning thanks to “interest areas” filled with carefully curated materials and furniture to promote a hands-on approach to the learning process.
Preschool Student Portfolios
Throughout the day, teachers observe the progress of each student. We keep track of these developments in individualized student portfolios, which we use to assess the growth and accomplishments of each and every child. Whenever necessary, we’ll introduce adapted curriculum or new learning techniques to give students the confidence they need to thrive.
We invite you to learn more about our preschool program today. Call Discovery Point Covington East at (770) 787-9199 to schedule a free tour of our child care center in Covington.