State-Funded Pre-Kindergarten Program in Covington
These days, parents are looking for more than just childcare for their children in Covington. When families enroll their children in the state-funded pre-kindergarten program at Discovery Point Covington East, they know we will provide educational enrichment along with fun and nurturing care. We will support your child’s desire to play in an active environment where they can look forward to learning. Our teachers inspire curiosity and engage children on an individual level.
Our pre-kindergarten program in Covington caters to the developmental stages of 4 and 5 year olds. The educators at our center are trained in early childhood education and are able to engage children with fun and energetic lessons. At Discovery Point Covington East, we know children require a balance of social and emotional support, physical activity, and cognitive stimulation to be successful learners.
Families choose to enroll their children in our Pre-K program at Discovery Point Covington East because:
- We strive to provide an environment where children have fun while learning
- Children become eager to learn through our educational and active play
- Our nurturing environment is like a second home for children in our care
- We meet the learning needs of children by engaging them individually
Objectives of Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Covington
The goal of the pre-kindergarten program in Covington is to help children ages 4 and 5 get the skills they need to have a successful transition from preschool to kindergarten. We take a whole child approach to preschool, which means we are focused on both learning and social/emotional growth. Our approach prepares children to be successful in school and life in general.
Your child will likely grow in the following areas:
- Help children develop independence and personal safety by teaching self-help skills
- Provide dramatic play, music, and conversation to support language development
- We work as a whole class, and in small groups, to model social skills for children
- Outdoor free play time and structured physical activity help build fine motor skills
- Children grow cognitively with math and science units, and problem solving tasks
- We support literacy development with writing, books, and creative storytelling
Schedule A Tour at Discovery Point Covington East Today
We invite your family to come and have a tour of our Pre-K classrooms. You and your child can look at our classrooms and playgrounds, meet some teachers, and get to know our center director.
Call Discovery Point Covington East today at (770) 787-9199 to learn more about our state-funded pre-kindergarten program in Covington.