Discovery Point Blog
Discover Our Exciting Summer Camp Opportunities in Covington!
Are you and your child getting geared up for the summer season? At Discovery Point Covington, we’re offering an exciting summer camp opportunity that enables kids to embrace summer fun as they make new friends and cherished memories. We want to ensure that our campers make the most of their time away from school through hands-on activities, dynamic field trips, and skill-building challenges that keep their minds sharp and help them discover more about the world around them.
Our “Mighty Me!” Summer Camp Program in Covington
At Discovery Point Covington, we’ve structured our summer camp program around engaging literature selections to encourage the development of children’s language skills while also helping them see the magic of the written word in a new light. In addition, we aim to help campers learn important lessons from literature that can come into play in real-life scenarios. Campers will have the opportunity to embark on “mighty missions” based on the weekly literature selections. These missions take the form of themed activities that prompt children to think deeply about the themes in the literature and how they relate to their everyday lives.
Take a look at this year’s program for a sneak peek of the ample opportunities for fun and learning we have in store:
- Week 1. Campers learn about animal rescue and the joys of pet ownership.
- Week 2. Children begin to see how creativity can be their superpower as they engage in hands-on cooking projects.
- Week 3. We stress the importance of kindness and respect in building relationships and making lifelong friends.
- Week 4. Our puzzles and competitions keep campers focused on the meaning of teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Week 5. Students will practice critical thinking skills during an adventure-packed dino dig.
- Week 6. An unsolved mystery requires campers to take part in an exciting investigation.
- Week 7. We enable children to bring their imaginations to life in fun building projects.
- Week 8. With a focus on health and fitness, campers learn integral lessons about keeping the human body in peak condition.
- Week 9. We encourage children to practice skills of self-reliance and resourcefulness as they learn about natural phenomena.
- Week 10. Campers will have the opportunity to shine a light on their individual talents and embrace their uniqueness.
Plan for a summer of fun by calling Discovery Point Covington at (678) 712-6550 for details about our summer camp program or drop by our child care center today to learn more.