Preschool in Woodstock GA
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Woodstock, we know what a special time early childhood is. That’s why our child care center in Woodstock GA works with specialized preschool curriculum that supports children between the ages of two and four as they begin to think independently and learn more about the world around them. Not only is our curriculum based on solid scientific research and child development theory, but it’s also full of intentional activities that make learning and building skills a fun adventure.
Parents in the Woodstock GA area appreciate our preschool curriculum at Discovery Point Woodstock for the following reasons:
- It emphasizes early language development. We show children the magic of language through fun activities that include puppets and dramatic play as well as engaging conversation and uplifting music.
- It promotes literacy. Our curriculum incorporates writing exercises, storytelling opportunities, and adventures in children’s literature.
- It encourages physical activity. Physical movement plays an important role in our curriculum so that students can work on their fine motor skills and enjoy outdoor play with their peers.
- It helps children build social skills. Our activities require children to work in small groups and as a whole class.
- It allows for emotional development. Our aim is for children to gain confidence and build self-esteem in a supportive environment.
- It stimulates cognitive development. Children will put on their thinking caps and flex their problem-solving and critical-thinking skills during our creative activities and interactive lessons.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Woodstock GA
In order to keep young learners safe and secure, we have a separate playground area specifically designed for preschool and pre-K students. This area allows for plenty of visibility and encourages safe peer-to-peer play. Our facility also has classrooms separated by “interest areas” that spark excitement in children as they explore new themes and subject matter in fields such as art, technology, science, math, and health.
Preschool Student Portfolios
At Discovery Point Woodstock, we keep an eye on students to assess their progress with our curriculum and have the resources needed to introduce adapted learning techniques whenever necessary. We’re here to celebrate the uniqueness of each of our students by supporting them as they grow and develop so that they can truly thrive. We even keep track of each child’s achievements in individualized student portfolios, enabling us to easily review and evaluate their development over time.