Preschool in Acworth
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Acworth, we utilize a preschool curriculum that’s grounded in scientific research and full of stimulating and intentional activities to promote learning and growth in a fun and exciting manner. This curriculum has been specifically designed for children between the ages of two and four, offering a path to growth and development that focuses on allowing students to become independent thinkers and initiators of the learning process. In addition, our child care center offers a nurturing environment where young children they can play, grow, and enjoy learning more about the world around them.
Take a look at just a few of the exciting things parents can expect from our preschool program in Acworth:
- An emphasis on language and literacy. We promote early language development with interactive lessons that utilize music, storytelling, writing exercises, and children’s literature.
- Opportunities for social development. We ensure that children have the chance to bond with one another and learn the importance of teamwork and other crucial social skills.
- Emotional growth and development. Our program supports students as they gain confidence in their skills and build self-esteem.
- Use of physical activity. We help children develop their fine motor skills and promote plenty of movement throughout the day through outdoor play and music-based activities.
- Prioritization of cognitive development. We give children the tools they need to begin developing their problem solving and critical thinking skills while also exposing them to foundational ideas in subjects like math and science.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Acworth
Our child care facility has been carefully designed to ensure that play and exploration can occur in a safe environment. Preschoolers and pre-K students are given access to their very own play area and can also interact in our various “interest areas,” categorized classrooms that inspire hands-on learning and enable children to follow their natural curiosity.
Preschool Student Portfolios
We give our teachers the resources they need to diligently observe children from day to day, documenting their progress and accomplishments in individualized student portfolios. We use this data to assess our students’ development and introduce new learning techniques or individualized curriculum whenever it can benefit the learning process.