Prepare Your Children for School with Our Pre-Kindergarten Program (VPK) in Odessa
Are you interested in providing your child with an early connection to the power of learning? At Discovery Point Suncoast Crossings, our voluntary pre-kindergarten program (VPK) enables children in Odessa to experience the magic of growth and discovery. Created specifically for young learners between the ages of four and five, this program assists children with making a successful transition between preschool and school, providing them with the tools they need to thrive in an academic environment.
What to Expect from Our VPK Program in Odessa
Through our voluntary pre-kindergarten program, we’re able to emphasize multiple areas of learning and development thanks to our comprehensive approach to education. We believe that students should be equipped to succeed in every aspect of life, including but not limited to school. That’s why we make a point of fostering an environment where learning can be fun and creative.
Take a look at some of the exciting things that we have planned for our VPK students in Odessa:
- Specialized curriculum broken down into thematic units and fun projects
- Cognitive development and an emphasis on academic subjects including math and science
- Practice with problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Physical activity through outdoor play and fine motor skill exercises
- Emotional development and support with building self-esteem
- Peer-to-peer interaction through group work and other opportunities for social development
- Development of language skills using engaging tools like music and puppets
- An emphasis on active reading and literacy skills
- Assistance with self-help skills that encourage safety and independence
Objectives of Our VPK Program in Odessa
At Discovery Point Suncoast Crossings, we strive to provide each of our students with the individualized attention and care they crave. That’s why we maintain low student-teacher ratios and focus on assisting children throughout their stages of development. Our teachers have been trained in Early Childhood Development and are constantly balancing guided learning with opportunities for self-initiated growth and discovery.
Since our main goal is to ready children for the academic environment of school, we concentrate on building relevant skills and introducing students to academic topics. The outcome is that students have more confidence in their social and academic abilities and can establish a trajectory for academic success.
If you’re ready to learn more about our VPK, don’t hesitate to give Discovery Point Suncoast Crossings a call today at (813) 792-9451. Our knowledgeable staff will happily answer any of your questions and help you arrange a free tour of our child care center in Odessa.