Preschool in Odessa
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Suncoast Crossings, we utilize a specialized curriculum that helps children in Odessa, Land O’ Lakes, & Trinity thrive as they explore the world around them. Our curriculum has been specifically designed for young learners, guiding children between the ages of two and four as they begin to make their own decisions and use their critical thinking skills. In addition, we provide children with a nurturing and supportive environment where they can grow and develop at their own pace.
Here’s what parents in Odessa can expect from our preschool curriculum at Discovery Point Suncoast Crossings:
- Literacy development through children’s literature, storytelling, and writing activities.
- Development of social skills and plenty of opportunities to work as a class and in small groups, encouraging peer-to-peer interaction.
- Language development using music, active conversation, and dramatic play with puppets.
- A focus on physical skills through outdoor play and movement to music, as well as activities that build fine motor skills.
- Emotional development and support as children build self-esteem and gain confidence in their individuality.
- Cognitive development, focusing on topics like science, health, nutrition, and math, as well as the use of problem solving skills.
About Our Preschool Rooms
At our child care center in Odessa, young learners benefit from access to their own playground where they can play safely with children their own age and explore under the vigilant supervision of our staff. In addition, we have classrooms separated into “interest areas” that are designed to be effective educational environments focusing on hands-on learning in subjects like art, math, science, and technology. Each student is given his or her own personal space to store items from home, such as a blanket for naptime or a back-up change of clothes. Parents can also count on us to thoroughly sanitize our toys each week to protect the health of our students.
Preschool Student Portfolios in Odessa
Our teachers are tasked with diligently observing our students throughout the day, gathering the information needed to assess their progress and introduce individualized learning techniques. We work with a series of tools, including documentation and analysis, to review the progress of each child and suggest changes to the curriculum as necessary. In fact, we compile individual portfolios for every student, tracking their social and academic growth and development as well as their personal achievements and accomplishments.