Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program in Riverview
When Riverview area families place their children in the pre-kindergarten program at Discovery Point Symmes, they receive so much more than day care. We provide children with an active environment where they can have fun and grow in countless ways while learning. We participate in Florida’s Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten program so children throughout our community can have access to our educational child care.
The pre-kindergarten program at Discovery Point Symmes is geared towards Riverview area 4 and 5 year olds. Our instructors have been trained in early childhood education, which means they understand the developmental abilities of children this age. We will encourage your child’s natural desire to learn and explore by providing physical activity, cognitive stimulation, and social interaction.
Discovery Point Symmes strives to:
- Provide children with a nurturing environment that is like a second home
- Work with children in a variety of ways to engage their individual learning needs
- Inspire an eagerness to learn through the use of educational and active play
- To be a place where children can focus on having fun while they learn
Objectives of Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Riverview
Discovery Point Symmes helps Riverview area children have an easier transition from preschool to kindergarten with our pre-kindergarten program. We take a whole child approach to care so children can be successful in school and in life.
Children grow and thrive in our program because:
- We have children work together in small groups and as a whole class to encourage social skills
- We support language development by providing music, dramatic play, and conversation
- We teach self-help skills so children can develop personal safety and a sense of independence
- We use outdoor play time and physical activity to help children develop their fine motor skills
- We support cognitive growth through the use of science and math units and problem solving
- We provide books, writing activities, and storytelling to improve literacy in children
Schedule a Tour at Discovery Point Symmes Today
We invite you to come and see for yourself why families trust Discovery Point Symmes for educational child care. Riverview area families can learn more about our pre-kindergarten program as they tour our facility. You can meet our program director, speak with teachers, view our open classrooms, and explore our age-appropriate playgrounds. You will also notice our strong commitment to child safety.
If your family is looking for a pre-kindergarten program in the Riverview area, call Discovery Point Symmes at (813) 671-1800 today.