Prepare Your Children for School with Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Cumming
Are you wondering how you can help your child in Cumming prepare for the transition to kindergarten? At Discovery Point Bethelview, our pre-kindergarten program readies young learners for the rigors of the school environment. Through specialized curriculum, nurturing care, and opportunities for social growth, we equip children between the ages of four and five to become confident school children.
What to Expect From Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Cumming
At Discovery Point Bethelview, we strive to give young learners the chance to create a connection with the power of learning early on in their lives. In addition to exposing them to challenging academic subjects and supporting them as they build crucial skills, we also aim to help them develop as independent, critical thinkers and lovers of learning.
Our curriculum takes a comprehensive approach to education that integrates a variety of areas of growth and development. Since we want to help students achieve success in both school and life, we foster a learning environment in Cumming that offers the following:
- Project based learning and fun, thematic lesson units
- Self-help skills that encourage children to act independently in a safe manner
- Language development using activities that incorporate music, puppets, and play
- A focus on literacy, including the use of children’s literature and storytelling exercises
- Peer-to-peer play, group work, and activities that foster social development
- Emphasis on critical thinking and problem solving skills for cognitive development
- Nurturing support throughout the journey of emotional development
- Exposure to academic ideas in subjects like math and science
Objectives of Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Cumming
Through lessons that offer a strong focus on math and literacy skills, we help prepare your child for the expectations of the school environment and establish a trajectory for academic success. In addition, we assist students as they develop crucial social skills that will come in handy when they become school children.
In order to provide each of our students with individualized care and nurturing support, we keep our student-teacher ratios low and ensure that our teachers have been trained in Early Childhood Education. You can count on us to offer guidance while encouraging your child to embark on self-driven learning adventures that help them discover the excitement in education.
Don’t hesitate to give Discovery Point Bethelview a call today at (770) 205-5170. Our helpful staff members will answer any questions you have about our pre-kindergarten program and assist you with arranging a free tour of our child care center in Cumming.