Preschool in Cumming
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Bethelview, we’re excited to have the opportunity to inspire a love of learning in young children at our child care center in the Cumming area. We work with a specially crafted preschool curriculum that has a solid foundation in scientific research and child development theory and includes intentional activities and exercises that allow children to develop as independent thinkers. Created primarily for children between the ages of two and four, this curriculum inspires an adventurous attitude towards the process of learning.
Here are just a few of the reasons why parents of young children in Cumming love our preschool curriculum at Discovery Point Bethelview:
- It incorporates physical activity. Movement with music, a focus on fine motor skills, and opportunities for outdoor play are all central elements in our curriculum.
- It encourages early language development. We make language learning fun with puppets, dramatic play, and engaging conversations.
- It highlights the importance of emotional development. Our supportive environment encourages children to build confidence and gain self-esteem as they learn more about the world around them.
- It aids in the development of critical thinking skills. Children learn how to problem solve and think critically while having fun.
- It builds social skills. Activities that require working in small groups or as a whole class promote socialization among young learners.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Cumming
Our focus on children’s safety and security includes a separate, age-appropriate play space for preschoolers and pre-K students where they can explore and play in a secure environment. We also aim to spark children’s interest in new topics through hands-on learning in our “interest areas,” specially designated classrooms that allow for inspired discoveries in subjects like math, science, technology, and art. In addition, we give each child his or her own space to store items from home like a small naptime blanket and extra change of clothes.
Preschool Student Portfolios
Our teachers at Discovery Point Bethelview in Cumming are fully equipped to assess the progress of our students and introduce changes to the curriculum as necessary. Since we celebrate the uniqueness of each child, we have the flexibility to offer adapted learning techniques when needed. We also keep track of our students’ achievements and document their personal growth in our individualized student portfolios.