Discovery Point Blog
President’s Award Winner 2014 – Discovery Point Lexington Oaks
It has been a year of hard work and outstanding achievements for Discovery Point Lexington Oaks, #62 in Wesley Chapel, Florida. This exemplary childcare center has been owned and operated by Chris and Jane Moore and their daughter, Sarah Bowie, since 2009 with the singular goal of offering the best in childcare and education to the families in the community. With such a strong commitment to building family partnerships and raising educational standards, it is clear to see why they were the choice to receive the Discovery Point President’s Award for 2014.
Over the past few years, Lexington Oaks implemented many new programs to better serve their families and community. These programs are the reason that parents voted them in the Top 3 of all childcare centers in the Tampa Bay Area!“Best of the Biz” 2014- Tampa Bay Business Journal
Some of the highlights of their programs include:
* A Kindergarten and First Grade program specifically for children who just miss the age requirements for public school programs.
* Implementation of Creative Curriculum for Preschool®, a research based and nationally recognized curriculum that focuses on child-centered “studies” and discovery based learning.
* Updated playground space with a new bike path for preschool aged children and hard surface area with tables for school-agers that allow classroom activities to come outside!
* Enhanced security with biometric fingerprint scanners for parents to quickly and easily check children in and out of the center each day.
* Increased parent communication with emails through “Constant Contact” and a daily Facebook posts, in addition to newsletters, personal emails, and update reminders at our check-in screen.
* Addition of a entrance rose garden, a separate children’s planting garden, and a third butterfly garden that allow children to observed each step of the caterpillar life cycle.
* A community wide fall festival that features the county Fire and Rescue Team, song and dance by musician Mr. Tommy, a visit with the Reptile Man, and many local vendors and food trucks.
* Individualized Summer Camp programs for all age groups including “The Road to the Reading Code” for recent VPK graduates, Kindercamp for recent Kindergarten graduates, and a traditional Discovery Point Summer Camp full of field trips, learning, and fun for kids in 1st -5th grade.
In addition to these programs, the Voluntary Pre-K at Lexington Oaks continues to score in the top 2% of all Florida VPK programs and the staff is in the final stages of completely SACS Accreditation.
We are so proud to recognize the amazing accomplishments of such dedicated owners and staff!