Discovery Point Blog
Preschool in Conyers: Choosing a Preschool for Your Child
At Discovery Point Conyers, we know that you want your child to have a positive preschool experience that will help set them up for a lifetime love of learning. Finding the best preschool in Conyers for your family and your needs is important. That’s why we created this list of questions you can ask to help you narrow down the search.
Questions to Ask When Choosing a Preschool in Conyers
With so many preschool options to choose from, narrowing down your list can be difficult. Understanding the difference between preschools can help you to make a decision you’ll be confident in and that will allow your child to thrive.
- Are your teachers certified or accredited? We are proud to have teachers on staff who are trained and certified in early childhood education. Our staff is also CPR and First Aid certified.
- What schedule does the preschool run on? At Discovery Point Conyers, our school is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm for your convenience.
- What does your curriculum emphasize? At Discovery Point Conyers, we combine our proprietary curriculum, Discovery Point Connections®, with the Creative Curriculum® program. Together these programs combine an emphasis on literacy and language development with critical thinking and hands-on discovery to help build a solid foundation for success in school and in life.
- How do you ensure my child’s safety? We take the safety of every student seriously. Our safety measures include large open floor plans with viewing windows, secure entrances, ID checks, background checks for all employees, monthly inspections, and so much more.
- Is there outdoor time? Yes! We know that exercise and active play is important for children. We have an outdoor play space designated just for our preschool and pre-K students.
- What are common activities that children participate in? Our curriculum is varied and helps children develop a love of learning. Common activities include music, play with puppets, writing exercises, reading books, both small group and whole class activities, and so much more. Each classroom is separated in to interest areas so children are able to explore topics that they find exciting and engaging.
We’re excited to show you all the opportunities and features of our preschool program at Discovery Point Conyers. Get started by scheduling a visit to see our classrooms and meet our teachers. We’ll be happy to answer all your questions.
Schedule your tour of our preschool in Conyers today! Call (770) 918-1888 today to get started!