Preschool in Dallas
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point East Paulding, our child care center in Dallas utilizes specialized preschool curriculum that promotes a love of learning in children between the ages of two and four years old. This curriculum is backed by solid scientific research in child development theory and offers intentional activities and lesson plans that encourage children to learn hands-on while growing into unique, independent thinkers. We guide our students as they begin to make decisions on their own and support them in creative expression and intellectual development.
Parents of young children in the Dallas, White Forest, & Wildwood area can look forward to the following with our preschool curriculum at Discovery Point East Paulding:
- Opportunities for language development. We make use of a number of tools, including music, puppets, and dramatic play to help children build language skills.
- An emphasis on social interaction. Children are able to build social skills through group work and peer-to-peer play.
- Use of physical movement. We keep children active throughout the day and help them hone in on their fine motor skills.
- A focus on literacy. Storytelling opportunities, writing exercises, and engaging works of children’s literature show students the magic of the written world.
- Emotional development. As students grow and develop under our tutelage, they build confidence and gain self-esteem.
About Our Preschool Rooms
At our child care center in Dallas, we have a special play area that’s designated specifically for preschool and pre-K students. In this area, they can engage in safe, age-appropriate play and have fun learning about the world around them. We also keep young learners engaged with new and exciting topics in our “interest areas,” classrooms that have been created to provide an in-depth focus on subjects like math, science, technology, and art, giving children plenty of opportunities for hands-on learning.
Preschool Student Portfolios in Dallas
Our teachers are fully equipped to observe students on a day-to-day basis and ensure that they’re making developments at their own pace. We’re proud to recognize the uniqueness of each student and can offer individualized learning techniques and adapted curriculum for children who could benefit from this kind of support. In addition, we maintain portfolios for each of our students that document their growth and personal achievements, helping us assess their development over time.
Call Discovery Point East Paulding today at (770) 445-0996 to hear more about our preschool curriculum and programs for young learners in the Dallas area.