Discovery Point Blog
Child Care Business Opportunity: Profile on San Antonio
From its rich cultural heritage to its vibrant city life, San Antonio is a thriving community and the ideal location for a child care business opportunity. At Discovery Point, we’ve identified San Antonio as one of our premier expansion markets. Let’s look at what makes San Antonio such a great fit for a Discovery Point child care business opportunity.
Getting to Know San Antonio
San Antonio is the second-largest city in Texas and the seventh-largest in the nation. The San Antonio metro area is made up of Bexar, Bandera, Kendall, Comal, Guadalupe, Wilson, Atascosa, and Medina Counties. Since the 1990s, San Antonio has been listed among the fastest-growing of the top 10 US Cities. The Greater San Antonio area currently has a population of 2.4 million.
According to the State of Texas Children 2016, Bexar County, where San Antonio proper is situated, had an increase in the child population of nearly 120,000 between 1990 and 2010. While outlying Counties, Kendall and Guadalupe, had the fastest growth in child population with 111% and 97%, respectively. This shows the increased need for top-quality child care throughout the greater San Antonio area.
Other key demographics reinforce the need for viable childcare solutions including:
- Median age of 33.2 years
- Average household size of 2.91
- Average family size of 3.66
- 6.4% unemployment rate
Low unemployment, families, and a young population all show that San Antonio has room for expansion of child care business opportunities.
Why A Discovery Point Child Care Business Opportunity?
What makes Discovery Point an ideal franchise for the San Antonio area? It starts with our commitment to the local communities we serve. The San Antonio area has a rich and vibrant history and a strong cultural voice. It should have child care options that embrace that history and culture.
At Discovery Point, we believe one of our greatest assets is our commitment to helping our franchisees customize their locations so that they can contribute and give back to the local community. As a Discovery Point franchise owner, you’ll be able to choose the projects, community groups, and events you’d like to spotlight. It’s one of the ways we encourage our franchise owners to be active members of the local community.
As a Discovery Point franchise owner, you’ll also have the unique opportunity to purchase the land your center is built upon. Many of our franchise owners across the country are drawn to the opportunity to not only give back to the community by impacting the lives of children, but also the financial security that comes with a long-term real estate investment.
Other reasons why entrepreneurs are excited about joining the Discovery Point family include:
- A turn-key business model that provides all the supplies and materials you need to open your center – from cribs to curriculum… from puzzles to printers.
- The support of our corporate team starts the day you sign your franchise agreement and is ongoing. We’ll be there to provide guidance and answer questions on everything from operations to licensing to marketing.
- This support starts with our 4-week training program that includes both classroom and onsite instruction.
- A comprehensive curriculum program that combines our proprietary Discovery Point Connections® Curriculum, focused on literature and language-based learning, with the nationally recognized Creative Curriculum® by Teaching Strategies. Together, you’ll be able to offer a fun, engaging, and education-based child care experience.
- Ongoing training for both teachers and staff at your center.
- Improved quality of life where you can set your own hours and find fulfillment in your everyday work.
If you live in the San Antonio area and are looking for a child care business opportunity, we encourage you to explore and learn about Discovery Point. Our franchise owners have been providing a positive foundation for learning and child development for more than 30 years. Find out how we can help you achieve your dreams of business ownership, while you lead, inspire, and teach the children of your local community.
Looking for a child care business opportunity in San Antonio? Call 770-623-1140 to learn more about our franchise offering.