Discovery Point Blog
Discovery Point Franchise Opportunities: A History of Success from 1988 until Today
At Discovery Point, there’s a long history behind our reputation and success. When you take advantage of the franchise opportunities we have available, you get to become part of that history and a member of a thriving family.
Discovery Point CEO, Clifford Clark, has unique insight into how we grew from one successful child care center to a franchise system with almost 50 centers across the southeastern United States. Over the past three decades, Mr. Clark has taken pains to ensure that quality, not just growth, has been the objective of every step taken by the company.
By providing families with high-quality, reliable educational child care, Discovery Point has set itself apart as a leader in the child care industry. By giving each and every franchisee the support they need to operate thriving child care centers, the Discovery Point brand has garnered a reputation for stability and consistency, as well as success.
Read on to learn more about Mr. Clark’s journey from the owner of a single child care center to the leader of a dynamic franchise.
It all started when Clifford Clark and his late wife, Diane Clark, chose to combine their strengths to open their own child care center in 1988. Mr. Clark brought a strong business sensibility honed during his previous career to the endeavor. While Mrs. Clark brought her passion for helping children and her understanding of the growing need for high-quality child care in their community.
Working hard, day in and day out, the two created a much-loved center for child care and child development. They also realized that with only one center the number of families they could help was limited. By multiplying their success, they would be able to reach more communities and bring their brand of compassionate, child-focused care to families in search of a reliable solution to their child care needs.
The Path to Success
The Clarks understood that launching a franchise would not simply be a process of lending their brand name to entrepreneurs. They were determined to maintain the level of quality they’d upheld from the beginning even as the company experienced new and exciting growth.
Their experience and expertise influenced every facet of each new Discovery Point center, from site selection and center construction to teacher training and curriculum use. This intense dedication required so much more than a copy-paste mindset. Instead, the Clarks cultivated a culture that revolves around child development and the safety and well-being of their students.
You can still see their lasting mark on all Discovery Point centers to this day. The Clarks’ legacy shines on in:
- The choice of creative, hands-on lesson plans
- The creation of a proprietary curriculum program
- The emphasis on a building design that prioritizes safety and security
- The ongoing corporate support that Discovery Point franchisees receive
- The culture of giving back and community support
Becoming a Member of the Discovery Point Family
Discovery Point’s franchise opportunities give passionate entrepreneurs the chance to find personal fulfillment in their work and use their strengths to give back to their local communities. When you purchase a Discovery Point child care center, you’ll have the full backing of our experienced team from day one.
Here are just a few of the ways we continue to fulfill the inspiring vision of our founders:
- New center owners undergo four weeks of in-classroom and on-site training to prepare them to adhere to Discovery Point’s standards for quality child care.
- All franchisees have access to our proprietary Discovery Point Connections® curriculum, as well as the nationally recognized Creative Curriculum® from Teaching Strategies. Both of these curriculum sets encourage child development through creative thinking and play-based learning.
- Our goal is to help new center owners succeed, which is why our corporate support team is always available to provide operations and marketing assistance.
- We encourage franchisees to invest in their future by making building and land ownership part of our franchise opportunities.
Are you ready to join Discovery Point’s legacy of success? Reach out to us today at 770-623-1140 to learn more about our child care franchise opportunities.