Prepare Your Children for School with Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Ooltewah
At Discovery Point Hunter Road, we have a pre-kindergarten program that helps prepare young learners in Ooltewah for the realities of the school environment. Designed specifically for the developmental needs of children between the ages of four and five, our curriculum readies students for kindergarten and helps them embark on a trajectory for academic success. We equip children to grow into confident school children by helping them build self-esteem, exposing them to engaging academic subjects, and assisting with the development of social skills.
What to Expect from Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Ooltewah
At Discovery Point Hunter Road, we have plenty of exciting things in store for pre-K students in Ooltewah to look forward to. Here are just a few:
- Thematic units broken down into fun, interactive projects
- Sharpening of self-help skills for greater independence and increased safety
- Language development with the help of music, puppets, and dramatic play
- A focus on literacy skills and active reading utilizing literature and storytelling exercises
- Opportunities for social development and peer-to-peer interaction
- Activities and projects done in small groups and as a whole class
- Use of physical movement, including fine motor skill exercises and outdoor play
- Cognitive development focused on a variety of academic subjects
- Help with building problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Nurturing care throughout the process of emotional development
Objectives of Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Ooltewah
It’s our goal to help children make a successful transition from preschool to kindergarten. In order to ensure they have the confidence needed to succeed, we emphasize crucial skills in math and reading as well as social development. Not only will your child have a head start in learning, but he or she will have experiences that develop self-esteem and provide opportunities for relationship building.
Our teaching staff has been trained in the subject of Early Childhood Education and has a firm understanding of the developmental stages that children go through at this critical age. We offer plenty of supportive care, maintaining a low student-teacher ratio to provide each child with the individualized attention they deserve. In addition, we strive to balance guided learning with student-driven educational experiences that enable children to connect with the magic of discovery.
We’re here to answer any questions you have about our pre-kindergarten program. Just call Discovery Point Hunter Road at (423) 344-4422 to get started with a free tour of our child care center in Ooltewah.