Preschool in Wesley Chapel, FL
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Lexington Oaks, we provide a nurturing environment and exciting preschool curriculum for young learners in Wesley Chapel, FL. Our goal is to guide children as they become independent thinkers and assist them in taking the initiative in their own education. We work with a creative curriculum that’s firmly grounded in scientific research and focuses on promoting a lifelong love of learning through intentional hands-on activities, creating a space where children can feel that every day is an adventure in growth and development.
Take a look at just a few of the important subjects our preschool curriculum covers:
- Language. We make the process of learning language fun by incorporating music, stimulating conversation, drama scenarios, and play with puppets.
- Literacy. Children hone in on their literacy skills through stimulating writing exercises, opportunities for storytelling, and adventures in exciting pieces of children’s literature.
- Cognitive development. Our curriculum focuses on crucial topics in subjects like science, math, and nutrition while also encouraging children to sharpen their critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Emotional maturity. Young learners are supported throughout the process of their development in an environment where they can concentrate on building self-esteem and gaining confidence.
- Social skills. We offer a number of opportunities for children to work together as a class and in small groups so that they can sharpen their social skills and build relationships with their peers.
- Physical activity. From activities that develop fine motor skills to outdoor play, we make movement an essential part of every day at our educational child care center.
About Our Wesley Chapel, FL Preschool Rooms
Our facility in Wesley Chapel, FL contains age-appropriate play areas, including a playground that is only open to preschoolers and pre-K students. That way, children can engage in peer-to-peer play and exploration safely and securely. We also inspire children to discover new interests in classrooms that are separated into “interest areas” and contain materials that promote hands-on learning.
Preschool Student Portfolios
Our teachers observe each child on a daily basis to evaluate their progress and offer individualized learning techniques when necessary. We maintain student portfolios for every student to track their development over time so that we can assess the need to utilize adapted curriculum and make note of their individual accomplishments.