Preschool in Flowery Branch
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child with Our Preschool Curriculum
Created specifically to inspire children between 2-to-4 years of age to fall in love with the learning process, our preschool curriculum is an excellent tool for sparking children’s interest and keeping them engaged with their education. At Discovery Point Oakwood, we work with young learners in Flowery Branch to help them become independent thinkers with the confidence to follow their natural curiosity. Our curriculum is grounded in scientific research and provides plenty of opportunities for children to take the initiative as they grow and develop.
The following are just a few of the many elements that parents of young children in Flowery Branch can look forward to with our preschool program:
- Cognitive development utilizing concepts from math and science to stimulate students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Physical skills, including fine motor skills, peer-to-peer play in our age-appropriate play area, and outdoor play.
- Emotional development with emphasis on supporting children as they build self-esteem and confidence in their individuality.
- Literacy development utilizing selections from children’s literature, storytelling exercises, and writing exercises.
- Language development focused on making language learning fun and exciting through music and puppetry.
- Socialization through group work activities and unstructured play time.
About Our Flowery Branch Preschool Rooms
We want to ensure that young children feel safe and secure as they explore the world around them. That’s why we’ve designed age-separate play areas for our students, including an age-specific playground for pre-K students and preschoolers. In addition to this play area, students can make use of classrooms that have been divided into “interest areas” with materials and furniture carefully arranged to encourage hands-on learning. Our goal is to help students find what interests them most, making learning a fun and engaging process.
Preschool Student Portfolios
Students are observed on a day-to-day basis by our teachers, who assess their progress with the curriculum and can introduce adapted learning techniques whenever necessary. We also keep track of students’ development in individual student portfolios. Using this data, we can evaluate your child’s growth and achievements and offer individualized instruction that provides a solid foundation for learning.
We welcome you to learn more about our exciting preschool program for children in the Flowery Branch area. Just call our office today at (770) 967-4170 to schedule a time to take a free tour of our Discovery Point Oakwood daycare center.