Preschool in Lawrenceville on Old Peachtree Road
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Old Peachtree, we’re excited to give young learners in Lawrenceville’s Old Peachtree Road area the opportunity to thrive in the learning process. Our preschool program utilizes creative curriculum that’s been specifically developed for children aged two to four years old. This curriculum emphasizes the need to support students as they become lovers of learning and encourages them to grow into independent thinkers. In addition, our child care center provides an exciting environment for students where every day feels like an adventure. With our intentional, research-backed program, you can have confidence that your child is being guided on his or her educational journey and has plenty of opportunities to take the initiative in the learning process.
Parents in the Old Peachtree Road area of Lawrenceville can look forward to the following through our preschool program:
- Cognitive development. Our curriculum places problem solving and critical thinking front and center, incorporating important ideas from subjects in math, science, health, and nutrition.
- Physical development. From movement to music to exercises that sharpen fine motor skills and unstructured outdoor play, we make physical activity a priority on a daily basis.
- Emotional development. Children are given the nurturing and guidance that they need to develop as unique individuals, gaining self-confidence and self-esteem in the process.
- Social development. We prioritize activities that encourage students to bond with each other and allow them to develop crucial social skills.
- Language and literacy development. Our approach to early language development includes fun activities with music, puppets, and storytelling to make language come to life.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Lawrenceville on Old Peach Road
Young students are provided with access to their own playground at our child care center, making peer-to-peer play safer and more productive. In addition, we offer an effective learning environment through specially designated “interest areas” that are filled with exciting materials to encourage hands-on learning in topics ranging from math and science to art and technology.
Preschool Student Portfolios
Our teachers are given the resources they need to actively observe students throughout the day and assess their development. We keep track of students’ progress in individualized student portfolios and use this information to introduce adapted learning techniques or personalized instruction in a way that builds students’ confidence and encourages the learning process.