State-Funded Pre-Kindergarten Program in Duluth
Are you wondering how you can help your child make a smooth transition to kindergarten? At Discovery Point Satellite, we offer a state-funded pre-kindergarten program for children in Duluth between the ages of four and five years old. Through this Pre-K program, our students are given the opportunity to connect with the power of learning, establishing a positive trajectory for their academic career. Plus, we help children take the initiative in their own learning for a fun and engaging approach to education.
What to Expect From Our Pre-Kindergarten Program
Our pre-kindergarten curriculum emphasizes multiple areas of growth and development to encourage success in all areas of school and life. Since we believe in making learning a comprehensive process, integrating the minds and bodies of students, we offer a stimulating environment for education where children can have a blast while developing new skills.
Take a peek at just a few of the things you can look forward to with our pre-kindergarten program:
- Projects based on our the thematic units of our curriculum
- Assistance with building self-help skills to promote independence
- Cognitive development in a variety of academic areas
- Use of music, puppets, and dramatic play to encourage language development
- A focus on building self-esteem and confidence
- Opportunities for social development and group work
- Emphasis on literacy skills through engaging storytelling exercises and books
- Physical activity in the form of outdoor play and use of fine motor skills
- Support as students undergo emotional development
Objectives of Our Pre-Kindergarten Program
Since the main objective of our Pre-K program is to prepare young learners to thrive in the school environment, we offer plenty of chances to concentrate on crucial math and literacy skills. Our Pre-K curriculum equips students to grow into active readers, critical thinkers, and confident individuals. By fostering independence and a love of learning, we set children up for success in school.
Our teachers have been trained in Early Childhood Education and know how to provide personal instruction and attention throughout the developmental stages. And since we maintain a low student-teacher ratio, we’re able to provide children with the individualized support they need to build crucial skills and gain confidence in their learning abilities.