Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Programs in Spring Hill
Discovery Point Silverthorn provides educational child care in a fun and active setting. We are pleased to participate in Florida’s Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten program, or VPK, so children throughout Spring Hill can receive quality education, regardless of family income. We partner with families to provide individual care and attention to their children. The children who come to our center are happy and excited to learn.
The voluntary pre-kindergarten program at Discovery Point Silverthorn caters to 4 and 5 year olds in the Spring Hill area. Our early childhood education is geared towards the developmental needs of children who will soon be entering kindergarten. Our teachers provide a balance of cognitive stimulation, physical activity, and social interaction so children have all the tools they need to succeed.
Families throughout the community trust Discovery Point Silverthorn to care for their children because:
- We engage children individually to meet their learning needs
- We offer a supportive environment that is like a second home
- We instill an eagerness to learn with our educational play
- We encourage children to have fun while they learn
Objectives of Our Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program in Spring Hill
The voluntary pre-kindergarten program we offer helps children in Spring Hill and the surrounding areas have a smooth transition from preschool to kindergarten. Our program is successful because we cater to the whole child. We balance academics with social and emotional learning so children can flourish in both school and life.
Our VPK program helps children grow in the following ways:
- Help children develop literacy using writing, storytelling, and books
- Develop language through conversation, music, and dramatic play
- Support children’s independence by teaching self-help skills
- Build fine motor skills through outdoor play and physical activity
- Encourage social development by working in small and large groups
- Use problem solving, science, and math to help with cognitive growth
Schedule a Tour at Discovery Point Silverthorn Today
Discovery Point Silverthorn invites you to come and take a tour of our facility. Visitors are pleased to see our attention to safety, from our age separated playgrounds, to our secure building access, we have your child’s well-being in mind. We can show you around our bright and open classrooms and introduce you to our enthusiastic teachers. Our center director will be happy to answer your questions and talk about ways we can support your child.
To find out more or register for Florida’s Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program go to www.PHELC.org. Your child must be a Florida resident and be 4 years old on or prior to September 1 of the school year they enroll. Also, a provider must be chosen upon registration. In addition to the free Florida VPK, Discovery Point Silverthorn also offers an additional service called VPK Wrap if extended care is needed or for additional educational time.
If you are looking for a voluntary pre-kindergarten program in the Spring Hill area, call Discovery Point Silverthorn at (352) 796-9331 today.