Prepare Your Children for School with Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Sugar Hill
At Discovery Point Sugar Hill, we know that parents of children between the ages of four and five often stress about the transition from preschool to kindergarten. We’re here to make that transition as smooth as possible. Our pre-kindergarten program prepares young learners for a positive academic trajectory and equips them with the skills and confidence they need to succeed in school.
What to Expect From Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Sugar Hill
With the opportunity to connect with the power of learning early on in his or her life, your child can begin to appreciate navigating the adventure that is education. Our pre-kindergarten program in Sugar Hill places an emphasis on a variety of areas in learning and development to give students knowledge and experience that will make them more confident in both school and in life.
Take a look at some of the exciting things we have in store for our pre-K students:
- Project based learning and curriculum with thematic units
- Cognitive development in a variety of academic subjects
- Use of physical skills through outdoor play and fine motor exercises
- Introduction to new topics in math, science, and health
- Self-help skills for a greater degree of safety and independence
- Language development made fun with books, music, and puppets
- Social development and plenty of opportunities for group work and peer-to-peer interaction
- A focus on literacy, incorporating engaging storytelling activities and literature
Objectives of Our Pre-Kindergarten Program in Sugar Hill
As our main aim is to prepare young learners for the school environment, we focus on helping them develop skills that will be useful in the classroom. Our focus on math, literacy, and social development is crucial to creating confident school children. Not only do we encourage students to become active readers, but we also want them to make a habit of using their problem solving and critical thinking skills.
In order to provide young learners with the guidance they require, we maintain low student-teacher ratios. Our teachers are trained in Early Childhood Education and offer personal instruction and attention as well as support with social and emotional development. Your child will experience the individualized care that he or she deserves while enjoying plenty of opportunities for self-initiated learning.