Preschool in Sugar Hill
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Sugar Hill, we work with specialized preschool curriculum that has been specifically developed to promote growth and development in children between the ages of two and four years old. Not only is this curriculum backed by solid scientific research and child development theory, but it also encourages children to see every new day as an adventure. We’re excited to help young learners become independent thinkers as they grow into their own unique individuality and experience the world around them in a hands-on manner.
Here are just a few of the aspects of our preschool curriculum at Discovery Point Sugar Hill that parents love:
- Our embrace of physical movement. Physical movement plays a crucial role in our curriculum, including lots of time for outdoor play and intentional activities that hone in on children’s fine motor skills.
- Opportunities for socialization. Social development is very important for young learners, which is why we incorporate activities that have students working in small groups and as a whole class.
- Support with emotional development. We offer a nurturing environment where children can gain self-esteem and build confidence alongside other significant skills.
- Cognitive development. We encourage students to explore intellectually stimulating topics like math, science, nutrition, and health while utilizing their problem-solving skills.
- Our prioritization of language and literacy. Our curriculum promotes early language development using tools such as music, puppets, storytelling, and writing exercises.
About Our Preschool Rooms
Our child care daycare center in Sugar Hill contains a separate playground for preschool and pre-K students that allows them to engage in peer-to-peer play while remaining safe and supervised. We’ve also organized our classrooms into “interest areas” that encourage children to explore new ideas and topics within the fields of art, math, science, and technology. Young learners love having the space to engage in hands-on learning while incorporating an element of play.
Preschool Student Portfolios
At Discovery Point Sugar Hill, we keep detailed portfolios on each individual student to track their progress, measure their growth, and make note of their personal achievements. Our teachers are fully equipped to provide adapted learning techniques whenever a student is in need of a more individualized approach to the topics in the curriculum. And since we’re constantly observing our students, you can count on us to evaluate their progress and suggest changes as needed.
We welcome you to take a free tour of our child care daycare center today to learn more about our preschool curriculum. Call Discovery Point Sugar Hill at (678) 482-8101 for details.