Preschool in Riverview, FL
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
At Discovery Point Summerfield, we offer an engaging preschool program for children in the Riverview, FL area, working with curriculum that’s been specifically designed for young learners between the ages of two and four. This curriculum provides opportunities for children to develop as independent thinkers, allowing them to take the initiative in their own learning. Since our curriculum is based on scientific research and child development theory, you can have confidence in our approach to early education, which includes hands-on learning and engaging activities that incorporate play into the learning process.
Parents of children in Riverview, FL can expect the following from our exciting preschool curriculum:
- Language development. We encourage children to hone in on their language skills using music, dramatic play, puppets, and stimulating conversation.
- Literacy development. Students are introduced to the magic of the written word through storytelling exercises and inspiring selections from children’s literature.
- Social development. We emphasize the importance of building social skills and encourage children to work together in small groups and as a class.
- Emotional development. Young learners gain confidence and build self-esteem as they develop their skill base and expand their knowledge about the world around them.
- Physical development. Students are given plenty of opportunities to sharpen their fine motor skills and engage in outdoor play.
- Cognitive development. We prioritize key topics in math, science, and critical thinking in our curriculum to promote active problem solving and garner students’ interest.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Riverview, FL
Our younger students are given access to their very own play area, a playground that is only open to preschoolers and pre-K students. This allows children to participate in safe playtime with their peers and encourages learning through exploration and discovery. Our classrooms are divided into separate “interest areas” that provide an effective learning environment where children can engage with a variety of subjects in a hands-on manner.
Preschool Student Portfolios
Throughout the day, we keep an eye on students to observe their progress and offer individualized instruction as needed. Using a number of tools such as documentation and analysis, we evaluate each child’s development and track their accomplishments in student portfolios. Our teachers have all the resources they need to adapt our curriculum for students so that they can continue to foster confidence in the learning process.