Preschool in Woodstock
Discover the Possibilities for Your Child in Our Preschool Curriculum
Are you ready to see your child thrive? At Discovery Point Towne Lake, our child care center in Woodstock utilizes carefully created preschool curriculum to support young learners in the process of growth and development. Specifically designed for children between the ages of two and four years old, this curriculum is backed by scientific research and grounded in child development theory. Through this program, we offer young learners plenty of opportunities to begin making their own decisions and explore the world around them while building important skills and developing a lifelong love of learning.
Take a look at just a few of the things parents in Woodstock can expect from our preschool curriculum at Discovery Point Towne Lake:
- Emotional development. We prioritize students’ emotional growth, nurturing them as they gain confidence and build self-esteem.
- Physical development. Our activities include the use of fine motor skills, outdoor play, and creative movement to music.
- Cognitive development. Students sharpen their critical thinking skills and are introduced to intellectually stimulating topics in math, science, health, and nutrition.
- Social development. Children are encouraged to work in groups and engage in peer-to-peer play, helping them build crucial social skills.
- Language development. We promote early language development using fun and engaging tools like music, puppets, and dramatic play.
- Literacy development. Storytelling, writing exercises, and children’s literature encourage students to embrace the magic of the written word.
About Our Preschool Rooms in Woodstock
We’ve designed our child care facility in Woodstock to be a safe and secure space for young learners. That’s why we’ve built an age-appropriate play area where preschoolers and pre-K students can engage in exploration and discovery without fear. We also have special classrooms or “interest areas” that offer hands-on learning experiences in subjects like technology, art, science, and math. Finally, each child has his or her own space to store items brought from home, such as a blanket or extra outfit.
Preschool Student Portfolios in Woodstock
We’ve made it a priority to equip our teachers with the tools and resources needed to observe students as they learn and assess their progress and development. Whenever necessary, we introduce individualized learning techniques or adaptations to ensure that each student continues to thrive on his or her educational journey. We also maintain portfolios for every child, documenting their achievements and growth in detail.
Are you ready to learn more about what makes our preschool curriculum so special? Call Discovery Point Towne Lake today at (770) 592-0190 to reserve a convenient time to take a free tour of our facility in Woodstock.