Prepare Your Children for School with Our VPK Program in New Port Richey
Are you ready to help your child make a connection with the power of learning? At Discovery Point Trinity, our voluntary pre-kindergarten program (VPK) in New Port Richey prepares four and five-year olds to thrive as they grow into confident school children. We support young learners with making the transition between preschool and kindergarten, helping ensure they have the tools they need to succeed in all areas of school and life.
What to Expect From Our VPK Program in New Port Richey
At Discovery Point Trinity, we emphasize the importance of comprehensive learning, which integrates the minds and bodies of young learners to help them see their education and development as an adventure. We aim to foster an environment where children feel both nurtured and intellectually stimulated, providing plenty of avenues for exciting discoveries.
Take a peek at just a few of the things we have in store for our pre-K students in New Port Richey:
- Curriculum broken down into fun thematic units and projects
- Self-help skills for the safe expression of independence
- Development of crucial language skills with the help of music and conversation
- A focus on literacy, including engaging literature and creative storytelling activities
- Opportunities for social development, interactive play, and group work
- Support as students experience emotional development
- Emphasis on creating an environment that boosts confidence and self-esteem
- Physical activity through fine motor skill exercises and outdoor play
- Cognitive development in a range of academic areas
- Exercises that sharpen problem solving and critical thinking skills
Objectives of Our VPK Program in New Port Richey
At Discovery Point Trinity, we help get students ready for the school environment in a variety of ways. Our curriculum emphasizes the importance of crucial academic skills, including those that fall under the categories of math and literacy. In addition, we offer daily opportunities for children to hone in on their social skills through interactive projects and peer-to-peer play. We also aim to help children build confidence and engage in self-driven learning experiences.
Our program maintains low student-teacher ratios to ensure that every child receives the nurturing care and individualized attention that he or she needs to thrive. Since our teachers have been trained in Early Childhood Education and developmental stages, they’re able to strike a balance that encourages children to think independently while experiencing support and guidance.
Give Discovery Point Trinity a call today at (727) 375-0995 to learn more about our VPK program and get started with a free tour of our daycare center in New Port Richey.